What is VMQ?
For a number of sealing solutions we use VMQ, which is also available as LSR (Liquid Silicone Rubber) material. But what exactly is a VMQ or LSR material? Silicone (VMQ) is a group of elastomers made from silicon, oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. The characteristics of silicone compounds (VMQ) are:
- Extreme temperature range
- Very plastic behaviour
- Very good resistance to excessive stretching
- Low temperature flexibility
- Easy to colour according to RAL numbers
- Single transparent elastomer